Update day: 05-12-2023
Position: Mid-Senior level
Job type: Full-time
We are building a new team at Smartly.io, focused on expanding our existing product offering. The team will be building automation and efficient workflows for our customers to manage, optimize and scale their advertising. If you are interested in working on a new product that will expand the Smartly.io product onto new platforms, expanding the current portfolio of Facebook, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter, this could be the role for you.
To take on this challenge, we’re looking for an experienced software developer to join our team. We need your help in discovering new and exciting ways to make our customers’ jobs easier and more enjoyable — If you enjoy solving problems with large data sets, experimenting with new technologies and want to be a part of a self-organising team, you might be the right person for the job.
What You’ll Do
- Work in a new, autonomous fullstack development team. Deliver together.
- Solve challenging technical problems and make your mark on our engineering culture.
- Little legacy code, instead a focus on building a new product and features that form the spearhead of our company.
- You’ll have an opportunity to work with some of the most advanced advertisers in the world.
What We’re Working with
Because this is a greenfield product, you will have the opportunity to learn and use new technologies, as well as leverage the existing Smartly.io tech infrastructure.
Building performant and highly scalable software is a necessity at Smartly.io due to the volume of data that flows through our application from various data sources. Some of the technologies we use are TypeScript, Node.js, React, PostgreSQL, Redis and RabbitMQ, and while you’ll be able to have a big influence on the team’s tech stack, we do expect you to have solid experience with these technologies.
Intrigued? Read about how and why we created a library for facilitating calling and creating HTTP APIs while validating types at compile-time and runtime:
Also check out how engineers work at Smartly.io:
Who We’re Looking for
- Ideally, you’re a full stack software engineer, and we appreciate an affinity for types.
- Proven experience building scalable distributed web applications.
- Solid experience with best practices in agile software development.
- Focus on the customer — Understand and appreciate the value of tight feedback loops.
At the office, fully remote or a bit of both - it’s your choice!
Smartly.io offers lots of flexibility to harmonize work and personal life. Along with flexible hours you can choose to work at the office, fully remotely, or a bit of both. Our teams operate in ways that are productive and inclusive regardless of where Smartlies are physically located.
For the moment, our Product & Engineering Team is located in Finland and Germany, with physical offices in Helsinki and Berlin and fully remote Smartlies living anywhere in the two countries. Smartlies can also work from other countries for 30 or 60 days a year:
What to expect from our recruitment process...
- First meeting: we’re getting to know each other.
- Coding challenge: you’ll get a challenge to test your coding skills which you can do at a time that suits you.
- Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
- Technical interviews: you take part in an interactive coding interview with one of our developers followed by a discussion around Systems Design and Architecture.
- Explore and Expand: we’ll dig deeper into your main interests and core skills.
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 2.5B€ in ad spend and serve more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 62 nationalities, you’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 600 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at:
We are currently running fully remote recruitment processes due to the global pandemic. Read more here:
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Kempele, Northern Ostrobothnia
⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Oulu, Northern Ostrobothnia
⏰ 30-12-2023🌏 Oulu, Northern Ostrobothnia
⏰ 29-12-2023🌏 Oulu, Northern Ostrobothnia
⏰ 03-01-2024🌏 Oulu, Northern Ostrobothnia
⏰ 28-12-2023🌏 Oulu, Northern Ostrobothnia
⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Oulu, Northern Ostrobothnia
⏰ 21-12-2023🌏 Oulu, Northern Ostrobothnia
⏰ 21-01-2024🌏 Oulu, Northern Ostrobothnia
⏰ 21-12-2023🌏 Oulu, Northern Ostrobothnia