Update day: 05-12-2023
Industry: Industrial Machinery Manufacturing
Job type: Full-time
Job contentWärtsilä is leading the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. We Wärtsilians help our customers unlock the value of energy transition by optimizing their energy systems and future-proofing their assets. Did you know Wärtsilä has delivered 74 GW of power plant capacity and more than 80 energy storage systems in 180 countries around the world?
In this fast changing world of energy, we are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services - together. Want to join the ride?
Wärtsilä Energy Business is leading the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. As an Energy System Integrator, we understand, design, build and serve optimal power systems for future generations. Wärtsilä’s solutions provide the needed flexibility to integrate renewables and secure power system reliability. Our offering includes flexible internal combustion engine-based power plants, energy storage & integration solutions, as well as gas to power systems. We support our customers over the lifecycle or their installations with services that enable increased efficiency and guaranteed performance.
Wärtsilä Energy Storage Business is looking for an experienced and energetic person for the position of Strategic Purchaserto lead the global strategic sourcing for PCS (eg. inverters, transformers and related switchgear).
The location of this permanent position is in of the Wärtsilä locations In Finland (Helsinki, Vaasa or Turku) with hybrid remote work possibilities.
- For the global Energy Storage supplier base, the Strategic Purchaser is accountable to manage, expand and develop global supplier base, performance, relationship and negotiations in close co-operation with relevant stakeholders to meet global sourcing needs and requirements.
- Execute, manage, develop and renew supplier base, performance, relationships and negotiations in storage business with close cooperation with product, project and proposal management stakeholders.
- Secure agreements coverage, price list coverage, supplier capacity and availability for energy storage demand
- Ensure that Quality, Cost, Lead Time, Delivery Reliability and Agreement Coverage targets are met for Wärtsilä Energy Storage global supplier base.
- Perform supplier relationships management and monitor supplier performance with Supplier development function.
- Lead supplier negotiations as well as regular supplier meetings and forums towards partnership
- Actively seek supply chain cost reduction opportunities as well as promote supplier or product value analysis/value engineering work
- Ensure compliance to Supply Management processes, procedures, strategies and agreements.
- Enhance collaboration and teamwork with relevant functions and continuously improve the sourcing process
- Understand the dynamics of complex projects, understands the energy storage universe well, and can strategize effectively to stay several steps ahead of likely problems.
- Create and implement strategic sourcing capability, supplier strategies and action plans to meet Business Line requirements
- Develop and implement cost-engineering capability to ensure profound understanding of cost drivers and levers to structurally reduce cost
- Academic degree (B.Sc, M.Sc. or equivalent) in Electrical or Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain or Economics
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in strategic sourcing, supply chain, manufacturing or procurement with proven track record of results
- Energy Storage strategic sourcing or manufacturing industry experience preferred
- Experience in power conversion systems preferred
- Knowledge of legal, financial and technology components of Strategic Sourcing.
- Excellent understanding of direct material cost drivers and proven track record of cost reduction strategies implementation
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentations skills
- Solution oriented, pro-active, problem solving and result driven attitude to work
- Self-guided and proactive team player, able to operate under pressure
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships.
- Ability and willingness to work in fast pace, dynamic and changing environment.
- Fluent in written and spoken English language.
- Academic degree (B.Sc, M.Sc. or equivalent) in Electrical or Industrial Engineering or Economics
We at Wärtsilä believe in empowerment, ownership and taking responsibility of our work. We support each other’s growth and co-creation is the true basis of our innovation. We have courage to see opportunities and take initiative.
We are authentic and honest, and we strongly believe in that by being your own true self you can accomplish so much more. We don’t always get it right the first time, and if mistakes are made, we make sure to learn and grow from them. We want everyone to voice their opinions freely. That is why we have built an environment that empowers you and everyone around you, and where you can feel safe and cared for. Are you eager to be part of this ambition?
Contact & next steps:
We hope to hear from you before the application deadline 9th of September 2022, through submitting your application through our Careers portal. We aim to keep you updated on the process all the way.
Are you still wondering if you should apply and would like to get something clarified? Please reach out to:
General Manager, Strategic Sourcing,
All new Wärtsilä employees in Finland will attend occupational health check, including the drug test/screening. The legislation of the country followed when person is located outside of Finland.
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä Energy leads the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. We help our customers in decarbonisation by developing market-leading technologies. These cover future-fuel enabled balancing power plants, hybrid solutions, energy storage and optimisation technology, including the GEMS energy management platform. Wärtsilä Energy’s lifecycle services are designed to increase efficiency, promote reliability and guarantee operational performance. Our track record comprises 74 GW of power plant capacity and more than 80 energy storage systems delivered to 180 countries around the world. www.wartsila.com/energy
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. We emphasise innovation in sustainable technology and services to help our customers continuously improve their environmental and economic performance. Our dedicated and passionate team of 17,000 professionals in more than 200 locations in 68 countries shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. In 2021, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.8 billion. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at www.wartsila.com.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 07-01-2024🌏 Helsinki, Uusimaa
⏰ 07-01-2024🌏 Espoo, Uusimaa
⏰ 07-01-2024🌏 Rovaniemi, Lapland
⏰ 07-01-2024🌏 Naantali, Southwest Finland
⏰ 07-01-2024🌏 Helsinki, Uusimaa
⏰ 07-01-2024🌏 Hämeenlinna, Kanta-Häme
⏰ 07-01-2024🌏 Iisalmi, Northern Savonia
⏰ 07-01-2024🌏 Kristiinankaupunki, Ostrobothnia
⏰ 07-01-2024🌏 Vantaa, Uusimaa
⏰ 07-01-2024🌏 Seinäjoki, South Ostrobothnia